July 24, 2011

My Regency Dream Dress

 I've started a dance class. An English Country Dance class. It's knock your socks off fun, it's addiction kinda fun! And the best part about it is that they have balls! The kind where you need to wear a ballgown. This October they're putting on a Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Ball. I'll be honest with you and say that I'm a purest and really have no desire you read the book bearing the same title, but I'm more than willing to attend a dance involving the characters!
  So here I am, surfing the web, looking for just the right dress, because really, Regency dresses are not the prettiest ones in history. Actually, most reproductions are overly plain, far too stiff...downright ugly. The truth hurts sometimes! But then I came upon this pretty little thing and I knew I've found the right one!

It's PERFECT!!!
Lace. Sleeves to the elbows. Lots of fabric, in the back AND the front! Plenty of gathering.
It's even a nice color. There's only one really BIG problem.
It's not for sale.
I've got until October 22nd to figure out this major issue. Any ideas? I can't spend a fortune to have one made, and I've never sewn anything (save a few aprons) from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment