July 08, 2012

aSaraDeeOrigianl Cherry Jam




So this week I have been canning some wonderful jams...while juice fasting and all. That's the craziest thing about this past month. I've done more cooking while I haven't been able to eat than in the last 3 months while I could eat!

Cherry Pineapple Jam
Cherry Mango Jam
Cherry Lemonade Jam

I think that everyone agrees that the Cherry Lemonade is the best. So I'll share the SaraDeeOriginal recipes. I struggle with how much sugar that is called for in a regular jam recipe and I have no idea that is really in pectin and therefore not too sure I want to put it in my body. So I made up my own!

Cherry Lemonade Jam

5 cups cherries, stems removed, pitted and chopped
Juice of 3 lemons
Zest of 1 lemon
2 cups unbleached sugar

In a large pot, combine the cherries, lemon juice and zest. Bring to a boil. Add the sugar and boil for 13-15 minutes. Ladle jam into jars. Apply lids and turn upside down for about 10 minutes. Turn right side up and allow jars to cool before moving. If you've never made jam before, it's so easy and Ball has a great book to get you started.

You can follow the above recipe to make Cherry Pineapple and the Cherry Mango with these alterations...

Cherry Pineapple Jam

5 cups cherries, stems removed, pitted and chopped
1 pineapple, outer removed, cored and chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cups unbleached sugar


Cherry Mango Jam

5 cups cherries, stems removed, pitted and chopped
2 mangos, peeled, pitted and chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cups unbleached sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment