August 28, 2012

Bon Bon San Diego 2012


 So my Dear Love took me to San Diego for a really quick 'work' trip, we had a total blast.

 We spent the first  day just driving around and looking at the sea and trying to find a place to stay. We hit up the beach and toured several hotels







We spent the first night at a Marriott, which was rather blah, but we found a great place to stay for the second night (more on that later).

 On the second day we found this great little cafe, I totally fell in love with it. The food was great, the setting even better. Pannikin Coffee & Tea. If you ever happen to be in the area, check it out.










After a very plentiful brunch, we were looking to kill some time before we headed out for some sport fishing. I spotted Bon Bon the day before, so we swung it for a peek. The prices were a little high for what they had, but the shop was set up really cute and inspiring. Sometimes it's fun to just look..





Then came time to go aboard! However, once we got to the 'right spot' I was ready to jump overboard! I now know, for certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I get sea sick.





Fortunately, I was able to preserve MOST of my brunch and once we returned to the harbor, I was fine. My Dear Love was so nice, he even called the police when the captain wouldn't take us back, just to see if someone could come out a rescue me. Alas, I was in it for the long haul. So my Dear Love provided the shade to save me from burning, at the expense of his own skin. What a Valiant Knight I have. Thanks Eric. In the end, we didn't catch a single fish to keep.

 Once that adventure had come to a close, we went to freshen up (which was desperately needed) and check into our room. We stayed at The Cosmopolitan. This place was wonderful. Hard wood floors. Lovely furniture. A super clean, even pretty, salle de bain. We used a real key at the door, no funky plastic card. But, I think my favorite part was the fact that, there was no digital alarm clock and no television set! It was perfect!






 For dinner we ate at the hotel restaurant. May I say, "You must eat there"? Well, I said it regardless. It was SO scrumptious. We had the Cheese Platter, the Olive Tribute, the Flatbread and the Tuna plate. Words can't describe how good it was. Then, to finish it off, I had this S'More dessert. They make the graham crackers and the marshmallows right there in the restaurant. All I can say is wow!
 In the morning, they served us hot, fresh scones with jam and juice and we breakfasted on the veranda right outside our room. It was delish!

 At this point, our quick trip, came to an end. We got back in the automobile, stopped at the post office to send our Darlings at home a keepsake note, and headed back to the scorching desert. C'est la vie!

Updated: I forgot to tell you about this incredible olive oil that we found in Old Town. It's made by Temecula Olive Oil Company. The jalapeno olive oil is so good. it's not too spicy, but it's got a nice after-kick. Oh, they also had these wonderful Parmesan stuffed green olives...wow! If you ever get the chance, try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment