August 05, 2012

The End

Well, It's been 2 months, 62 days to be exact, as I begin to write this post, since I started my journey down the path of a better, healthier food lifestyle.

 I spent 30 days just juicing. Then I added 30 days of raw solids, anything I chewed had to be in a raw form. Now I'm stepping back into the world of cooked foods. It's kinda scary, to be honest. I don't want to get tempted to eat the standard American diet.

 It has been a wonderful experience. I feel incredible. I wish that I could just show you everything that I feel. It's really hard to describe the changes that have taken place within my head and heart. An increased desire to just be healthier. To be the way to a healthier family. Oh how I wish I had an orchard and a big kitchen garden and a San Luis Obispo farmers market to attend every week. But I'm going to do my best. I'm sure to slip up occasionally, but I hope that this experience has made a permanent change within me.

La Patisserie Gloppe, on the Champs Elysee, Paris.  By Jean Beraud
   I want to eat like a French Woman, slower, enjoying every bite. Savoring my food and experiencing it with all the senses. Smelling it. Tasting it. Making it look pretty on my plate.



 I want the food that I eat to be in season as much a possible. And I want to eat it in it's most natural form. Fresh, whole. Complete.



 I want to rid my body and my pantry of chemicals, artificial colors, flavorings and fillers. No more processed junk.

 I want to make the foods that we eat. I want to fill to satisfaction. I don't want to feel guilty for indulging in a tasty treat now and then because I know where it came from and what's in it. I want to enjoy the company that surrounds my dining table.



 I want to always remember how good I have felt during these past 2 months. My energy level has been up, my mood has been good. I haven't felt as sickening hot this summer. I smell better. My skin is clearer. I feel stronger. I have loved not being controlled by food. The whole experience has been empowering. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment