September 18, 2011

The AWESOME Dresser

 So I found this dresser at the Deseret Industries while living in Cedar City.
It was love at first. It was absolutely perfect with all it's imperfections. 
But I didn't have the set up to use it at the time, so into the garage it went.
This cute dainty little thing is all real wood, and it's not perfectly square,
so I'm thinking it might be largely handmade.
I have no idea how old it is, but when I got it it was in some need of a little attention.

So first I cleaned it really well and lined the drawers with cute wrapping paper 
and put some good smelling spray in it.
Then I started to oil it. I decided that I didn't want to put a clear varnish in it,
I wanted to keep it older looking.
After I finished oiling all the parts I wasn't going to cover,
I got out the wallpaper and covered the side,
not because they need it, there was nothing wrong with them,
but I just really like how it looks!
The perfect addition to my ever evolving bathroom. It's looking better all the time!
Now I just nee to find the right knobs for it...someday!


No comments:

Post a Comment