July 15, 2012

aSaraDeeOriginal Super Simple Soup

 So the picture didn't turn out as appetizing as I would have liked it to, which means you'll just have to take my word on how good it tastes!


Truth be told, I ate more than half when I remembered to take a picture and, as we have already established, I need a better camera and perhaps some photography lessons, but I digress. If I hadn't 'mixed' my bowl yet, it would have looked much nicer...

To make this Super Simple Soup, you'll need

1 freshly picked, homegrown tomato, diced
1/2 of a perfectly ripe avocado, diced
2/3 cup organic creamy butternut squash (or tomato) soup
Cilantro
Real Salt

 Place the tomato and the soup in a saucepan and heat. Place the avocado and cilantro in the dish of your choice. Pour hot soup over avocado and cilantro and top with desired amount of salt. Perfection!

 There are many options with this meal. You could add cheese, homemade croutons, tortilla strips, some grilled sourdough bread. Use your imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment