January 20, 2013

The Bedskirt to Beat All Bedskirts


 I love loveliness. I also love storing unsightly items, well, out of sight. Unfortunately, it can be a bit of a challenge to combine the two. I generally keep stuff stored under my bed, but in order to do that, I need to put my bed on risers. Well, if you've ever done that, you'll know that you can see under the bedskirt. You can't walk into any store and purchase a bedskirt that is long enough to touch the floor. So after doing some searching on the internet, and coming up with nothing worth buying, I determined to make my own.

 Wow, I didn't realize how much it would take. But after way too much time, a few dollars and a several hours at the sewing desk, I finished it! and I love it. It's lovely. I'd do it over in a heartbeat.

 First I started with the old bedskirt. I added the top layer, a fabric the I liked. Then the under layers; tulle, tulle and more tulle and finally, unbleached cotton under that. I'd show you pictures of the process, but an unspeakable thing happened, and so I can't.



I have since flipped the coverlet and this is what it looks like now...



This bed is now located in a different home, and while it is still a work in progress, my bedroom always seems to be the last room I finish decorating, I think it still looks lovely!

 Now I just need to find a four post bed frame...

No comments:

Post a Comment