This recipe comes from my dear friend Melissa
STICKY RICE WITH MANGO
Yield: Serves 4
Time: 1 hour
Aromatic Jasmine Rice makes this classic Thai dessert easier to prepare and every bit as delicious.
1 cup uncooked Jasmine Rice
1-13.5 oz. can Coconut Milk
2/3 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 ripe mangoes
1. In a medium saucepan bring 1 ¾ cups of water to a boil. Add the rice and briefly stir. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 20 minutes or until water is just absorbed.
2. Meanwhile in a small saucepan, combine coconut milk, sugar and salt. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Add the hot coconut milk sauce to the cooked rice. Stir until mixed.
4. Lightly press plastic wrap onto mixture in saucepan to cover. Let rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
5. Peel and slice the mangoes.
6. With large spoon or ice cream scoop, spoon the sticky rice onto plates and garnish with mango slices.