July 02, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins



 I saw a Pin for what inspired these muffins. I didn't follow any links, but instead, just used my own favorite banana muffin recipe and added peanut butter...and the kids loved them.


Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/2 cup olive oil (or butter)
1/2 cup sugar (or honey)
3 eggs
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

( I use a Bosch so everything goes in the same bowl) First, mix the oil, sugar and eggs. Add the bananas and peanut butter, mix. Next mix all the dry ingredients in together. Finally, mix in the chocolate chips. Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes.


Enjoy!


A little note. I only had one banana when I made these, so I experimented and to keep the batter from being too dry, I added 1/4 cup of coconut milk and they turned out great! And I usually add a cup of raisins to these muffins, so next time, I'll do that as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment