September 26, 2010

Toile!

So, I have this weakness for Toile. I LOVE IT! When I found this shirt, I figured I couldn't live without it. However, as you know, I hate long sleeves, AND I really don't like looking like a man. Not that I have anything against them, I just prefer looking like a woman seeing is how I am one. So I took in the front and back of this shirt like 3 years ago, then I got pregnant and put all my clothes into storage! So now that I have gotten them out of storage, I'm ready to fix the sleeves...
Sally will model this project for us. It's really a cute top, now that it's form fitting.
I'm into this elastic thing. The sleeves stay where you want them, well where I want them... just above my elbows.
Plus, this way it adds a little more "umph" to the flair at the elbows.
Then I added the blue lace after I ordered it off eBay, and waited for it to come. Once that was done I cut the blouse material a little shorter and fringed it. I feel like royalty with sleeves like these!
The Finished Product.
Well worth the time and effort. If we must wear clothing, we might as well like what we wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment